Email marketing is a great way for businesses in any industry to stay in touch with consumers who are interested in their brand. If you’re wondering about the benefits of email marketing engagement and if it’s effective in 2022 and 2023, this article will provide all the answers. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing involves businesses sending content that promotes products or services, builds positive relationships with customers, or provides valuable information about their company or industry. Sending marketing emails to a list of subscribers is a great way to maintain top-of-mind awareness before and after consumers make a purchasing decision.
What Are the Benefits of Using Email Marketing?
Email is an excellent way to connect with a target audience that is interested in your brand. Benefits of email marketing include:
- Direct form of communication: Email is a direct form of communication to those who are most interested in your brand and what you have to offer. Sending emails allows you to stay in touch with your audience to maintain brand awareness and build a loyal customer base.
- Ability to segment content: Marketing emails can be segmented based on the specific needs of subscribers. Sending email content that is relevant to subscribers’ needs helps them move smoothly through the decision-making process and leads to high conversion rates.
- Builds authority: Sending educational or informational email content helps your brand build authority. When consumers read valuable email content from you, they will begin to trust your company as a reliable source of information. Customers who see your brand as trustworthy will feel more confident when making a purchasing decision.
- Helps retain customers: Once someone purchases from your company, your marketing strategy shouldn’t end there. Follow-up emails with additional resources or to see how things are going with their newly purchased product can go a long way. A good post-purchase experience makes it more likely customers will buy from you again in the future.
- Increases sales: One of the main benefits of email marketing is that it can increase sales significantly. Email marketing provides an excellent opportunity to create sales funnels, promote product launches, or follow up with prospective customers. Using email for each of these aspects will encourage consumer action that leads to conversions.
As you can see, email marketing has many benefits for businesses. Implementing different types of email marketing will go a long way toward optimizing the consumer experience.
What Are the Different Types of Email Marketing?
There are three different types of email marketing that you can implement into your email strategy. The three types of marketing emails are:
- Promotional: Promotional emails directly encourage consumers to take action by purchasing a product, signing up for a subscription, filling out a form, or other types of conversions. While promotional emails can be great, it’s important not to overuse them, since too many will get annoying for subscribers.
- Relational: Relational emails are meant to create a connection with your subscribers by sending them valuable content that is relevant to their needs. Email newsletters that provide company updates, industry-related information, or educational resources are common forms of relational email content.
- Transactional: Transactional emails are typically sent after consumers take a specific action, like making a purchase, asking for a password reset, or setting up an appointment. Transactional emails are meant to create a good customer experience, so you should ensure that they are optimized correctly.
Typically, using a mix of each of these types of emails will make your email strategy as effective as possible.
Is Email Marketing Still Effective in 2022?
Email is still an effective form of marketing in 2022, which is why many businesses use it frequently to promote their products or services. Email marketing statistics show how much potential email has for companies that optimize their campaigns correctly.
Email Marketing Statistics
Statistics showing how effective email is in 2022 include:
- Email use statistics: There are around 4 billion active email users worldwide. Research shows that 99% of active email users check their inboxes daily, and 25.4% check emails more than 5 times each day. High email usage worldwide makes email marketing a great opportunity to stay in touch with your target audience.
- Return on investment (ROI): One of the main statistics that stands out about email over other options is it has a high ROI of $36 for every $1 spent. Email marketing results in the highest ROI out of all digital marketing strategies due to its cost-effectiveness and the impact email content has on consumers.
- Sales: Email is one of the best ways for businesses to encourage sales. Studies have found that email marketing results in a 138% increase in sales compared to when no emails are sent. Additionally, 50.7% of consumers also report purchasing a product they see in a marketing email at least once a month.
While there can be advantages and disadvantages to email marketing, these statistics show that it is a great investment for many companies.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Email Marketing?
Like any marketing strategy, email can have its pros and cons. This section will cover the advantages and disadvantages, so you can decide if email is right for your company’s marketing needs.
The advantages of email marketing are:
- Email marketing doesn’t cost much, so there’s no big upfront investment you have to make to get started.
- Email marketing provides a more personal touch compared to other marketing strategies.
- It’s an efficient way to get in touch with consumers, since you can reach your entire email list at the same time.
- Marketing emails don’t rely on algorithms like social media and other content marketing strategies.
- Metrics from email marketing are easier to track, which provides a detailed overview of how subscribers interacted with your content.
Disadvantages of email marketing are:
- Email doesn’t reach new people on its own, so you must use other marketing strategies to make consumers aware of your email list, so they can sign up.
- Issues with email design can provide a poor consumer experience or lead to low deliverability rates.
- Spam complaints are common from commercialized email content, but this can be prevented with the right email strategies in place.
While there are a few disadvantages of email marketing, there are easy fixes that can help you implement email campaigns efficiently. Many strategies are available to encourage email list signups, email tools can help improve design problems, and AudiencePoint’s email insight software can help optimize your email strategy, so your emails get a positive reception from consumers.
How AudiencePoint Can Help You Tackle Your Email Marketing Goals
AudiencePoint’s software makes data tracking and email optimization easy by providing you with actionable insights into how you can improve your email marketing campaigns.
If you’re having trouble managing email campaigns or don’t know why your engagement rates have dropped, insights from AudiencePoint can get you back on track. AudiencePoint will provide a detailed analysis of how your subscribers interact with your content, so you can get an idea of how and when to send email content. AudiencePoint’s tool, ListFit, will also help identify inactive subscribers, so you can send them targeted re-engagement emails.
If AudiencePoint sounds like it would be beneficial for your business, contact us today to learn more.