Here at AudiencePoint, February has flown by! With so much going on, we want to update you on...
Many businesses use email engagement marketing as part of their marketing strategy. If you’re wondering how effective email is in 2022, this article will provide you with email marketing statistics that show its effectiveness and usefulness in any industry, along with some tips on improving your email campaigns.
Is Email Marketing Still Effective in 2022?
Email marketing is effective in 2022. If you want to increase the success of your marketing efforts, sending regular marketing newsletters or promotional emails to a list of email subscribers who have shown interest in your company will offer an excellent return on investment (ROI).
Email marketing is an excellent way to connect with your customers and reach a targeted audience that is more likely to purchase your products or services. When done right, email marketing helps improve customer satisfaction, build brand authority, and generate more sales.
Email Marketing Statistics
Email marketing statistics show just how effective it is. The following statistics will show why you should invest your time, effort, and money into email marketing in 2022.
How Many People Buy from Marketing Emails?
Research has shown that 50% of people buy a product or service they saw in a marketing email at least once a month. 59% of consumers also say that marketing emails influence their purchasing decisions. This shows that email marketing has a strong influence on consumer behavior.
Email marketing is effective at getting people to buy because it helps consumers learn more about the usefulness of your products or services. Email marketing also acts as a great sales funnel that can nurture leads and bring them down the path toward making a purchasing decision after they have signed up to receive emails from you.
How Often Do People Check Their Emails?
Studies have shown that nearly everyone who uses email checks their email every day, with some people checking nearly 20 times per day. In addition, 58% of consumers also check their email first thing in the morning.
The fact that email is such a significant part of our lives shows why it’s an effective way for businesses to market their products and services. If you want the attention of your target audience, sending them an email is a great way to reach them.
Do Consumers Still Engage with Marketing Emails?
Email marketing does still have high consumer engagement rates. In fact, 77% of email marketers say they have seen an increase in engagement within the past year. Many companies are beginning to invest more money into their email campaigns because it is an excellent way to grab someone’s attention and get them to learn more about your company.
What Is the Average Email Marketing Return on Investment?
While it can vary by industry, the average email marketing ROI in 2022 is $36 for every $1 spent. Email marketing has the highest ROI out of all digital marketing strategies. The high return on investment you will see from marketing emails is due to several factors, including:
- Low cost: It doesn’t cost much to create and send marketing emails. If you hire outside help from freelancers or email marketing agencies, most don’t charge that much per email. You can also lower the cost by creating marketing emails yourself.
- Purchase readiness of subscribers: Email subscribers are familiar with your company and are often more ready to buy than consumers you would market to in other channels. This makes email a great way to nurture leads and help subscribers make purchasing decisions.
- Email reach: When you send an email to your email list, you will be able to reach all of your email subscribers at the same time. This makes email stand out from other digital marketing options, like social media marketing, which is dependent on algorithms and only shows your content to a select number of your followers.
- Consumer trust: Consumers often see email as a trustworthy source since it is a more direct form of communication than other forms of digital marketing. When consumers are familiar with your company and trust your content, they will be more likely to follow a call to action within the email.
All these aspects lead to email having an excellent return on investment and are why it is such an effective marketing strategy.
How to Increase Email Marketing Effectiveness in 2022?
If you would like to increase your email effectiveness to take advantage of the high ROI and other benefits of email marketing, there are some tips you can follow. Ways to increase email effectiveness include:
- Create attention-grabbing subject lines to encourage email opens.
- Consistently offer value to your subscribers in email content.
- Provide a clear call to action within the email, so readers know what to do next.
- Make sure that your emails are mobile-friendly and functional on mobile devices.
- Design emails so they are intuitive and the content is easy to follow.
- Track data from email campaigns to know which areas of your emails need improvement.
By working on each of these aspects of your emails, you will be able to improve the effectiveness of your marketing emails.
How AudiencePoint Can Help You Win at Email Marketing
AudiencePoint can help you improve the effectiveness of your email marketing campaigns. Our software provides pertinent data, helps you optimize send times, and provides actionable insights based on email subscriber activity.
AudiencePoint provides you with all this data in a way that is streamlined and easy to understand. This helps you easily manage email campaigns and make improvements over time. Contact us today to learn more about how AudiencePoint can help you.