Email newsletter content is one of the best ways for brands to stay in touch with their audience...
If you want to improve your company’s email marketing campaigns, an email analytics tool will provide valuable insights into where your emails are performing well and what areas could use improvements. This article will break down different analytics tools that are available, so you know what the best option will be for your email engagement needs.
What Are the Different Types of Email Marketing Analytics?
Email analytics help you track how marketing emails perform and understand how subscribers interact with your content. The most common metrics that are tracked in email analytics tools are:
- Bounce rate: The percentage of emails that aren’t accepted by receiving domains from the total emails sent.
- Click rate: Tracks the percentage of people that click a link in your email out of the total number of emails delivered.
- Conversion rate: The percentage of recipients who convert from the total number of emails delivered.
- Open rate: Measures the percentage of people that open your email out of the number of emails delivered. While open rate is important, Apple MPP has made this metric harder to track. However, AudiencePoint’s email insight software has a workaround for this by isolating Apple MPP opens from reporting when providing you with email analytics.
- Unsubscribe rate: The percentage of people that unsubscribe out of the number of emails delivered.
Each of these five main metrics gives you a good baseline for how your emails are performing.
What Are the Best Email Marketing Analytics Tools?
To easily track essential email metrics, email analytics tools can help. Some of the best email analytics tools are:
- Hubspot: Hubspot offers many tools to help manage digital marketing campaigns. One of those tools is email analytics. Through Hubspot, you get an overview of how your emails are performing. However, one downfall is that Hubspot isn’t specifically focused on email marketing like other tools are.
- Salesforce: The Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides expert email marketing software that works with almost any brand. It provides tons of creative features that allow users to track data, analyze results, and optimize email campaigns.
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp is a popular email marketing software that makes creating large campaigns simpler. It supports A/B testing, tracks pertinent performance metrics, and easily integrates tons of third-party services, including most major e-commerce platforms.
AudiencePoint’s email insight software has been created to integrate with all major email service providers (ESPs). It offers additional helpful features such as tracking the inbox activity of your subscribers, help creating re engagement campaigns, and segmenting your email list to more effectively target your subscribers. If you’re already using an ESP but are ready to further optimize your email marketing strategy, AudiencePoint can help.
What Are the Most Popular Marketing Analytics Tools?
If you’re looking for an overall marketing analytics tool, there are many popular options on the market. As mentioned earlier, Hubspot is a popular tool for tracking data for digital marketing as a whole. Some of the other top marketing analytics options are:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a popular option because it’s free to use. There is a premium version, but many users will be fine with the analytics provided in the free tool. Google Analytics helps track website performance, paid ad performance, customer purchase data, and email marketing data.
- Semrush: Semrush is a great tool for tracking website performance and SEO data. Semrush will help you do keyword research, get information on your closest competitors, and find out what opportunities you have to improve your website’s rankings.
- Klipfolio: Klipfolio is a tool that can track information from Facebook or Google Analytics. Ideally, if you want information for both, this can be a good platform to organize data from both Google and Facebook in one place.
Combining one of these marketing analytics tools with email analytics from AudiencePoint can help you boost both your website and email marketing performance to get great all-around results from your digital marketing efforts.
What Are the Best Free Email Marketing Tools?
If you’re looking for some great free tools to help get started with email marketing, there are many options available. Some of the best free tools for email marketing are:
Each of these free tools is essentially the same thing. They are email marketing platforms that help you build an email list, design emails, send out email campaigns, and track basic data. Since they all have free options, you can easily try them out.
How Effective Is Google’s Analytics Course?
If you want to learn more about marketing analytics and how they can be tracked, specifically through the Google Analytics tool, the Google Analytics Course is a good option. It will give you a basic overview and understanding of how analytics tracking works and how this data can be used to improve marketing campaigns. Plus, taking the course is free, so that’s an added bonus.
How AudiencePoint Can Help You Tackle Successful Email Marketing
If you want to create successful email marketing campaigns, AudiencePoint is an excellent option. We integrate with your email service provider to provide more detailed insights into how you can improve your email campaigns. Our email insight software tracks the inbox activity of your subscribers, to help you segment your email lists, send campaigns at the best times, and more.
If you want to get insights into how you can better engage your audience, segment your email list, or re-engage inactive subscribers, AudiencePoint can help. Contact us today to learn how you can get started.