Email newsletter content is one of the best ways for brands to stay in touch with their audience...
If you’re running email campaigns, you likely know the importance of email engagement metrics. However, you may be wondering which are best to track and how to improve them. Keep reading for information on email metrics, strategies to improve them, and resources available that can help with your email marketing strategy.
What Are Email Marketing Metrics?
Email metrics help measure email performance and give insights into how you can improve your email marketing strategy. If you’re looking to improve the performance of your email campaigns, using email analytics tools and optimizing for metrics that are relevant to your company’s needs is an excellent place to start.
What Are Some Email Metrics to Track?
Some of the most common email metrics that can be measured are:
- Click-through rate: The percentage of link clicks out of the total number of recipients.
- Conversion rate: Percentage of recipients who take a targeted action from marketing emails.
- Bounce rate: Percentage of emails sent that aren’t accepted by receiving domains.
- Unsubscribe rate: Percentage of unsubscribes out of the total number of emails sent.
- Open rate: The percentage of opens out of the total number of emails delivered. However, it should be noted that while open rate is a common metric, it has become more difficult to track due to Apple’s mail privacy protection (MPP).
Analyzing your numbers for these common metrics will give you insights into how you can best improve your email marketing strategy.
What Are Ways to Improve Email Performance?
Many strategies can be implemented to improve email performance. Some excellent ways to get the most out of your email marketing strategy are:
- Market research: Conducting market research before starting an email campaign will give you insights into the wants, needs, values, and interests of your target audience. This will help you target key pain points and topics with your email content.
- Emphasize value: Once you’ve done market research, put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Think about what email content they will find valuable. If you provide valuable information and resources in your content, it will help your brand stand out as a trusted authority in your industry, which leads to higher responsiveness to your emails.
- Improve subject lines: Usually, the first thing subscribers will notice is your subject line. Improving subject lines by targeting keywords or phrases that are important or emphasizing the value of your content will help get more email opens.
- Improve call to action (CTA): Having a clear CTA at the end of email content helps subscribers know what their next step should be. This will increase link clicks and conversion rates significantly.
- Track analytics: Using email analytics tools to track analytics is a great way to understand what areas of your email content are performing well and which could use improvement.
Implementing these improvements into your email strategy will help you increase your engagement metrics. To get the best results from this, choosing the right analytics tool will be important.
What Are the Best Email Analytics Tools?
Many email analytics tools are available that can help you track data from email campaigns. While having a lot of options is great, it can be a challenge figuring out which one will be the best option.
The most common email marketing platforms that provide metrics are Mailchimp, Sendinblue, and Litmus. While Mailchimp, Sendinblue, and Litmus email marketing metrics will provide a good baseline of data, they may not give you all the details about subscriber behavior and how it applies to email marketing.
This is where AudiencePoint can help. AudiencePoint provides more than just email analytics. While tracking data and analyzing subscriber behavior, AudiencePoint will help you organize all the information in a simple way that can be applied through direct improvements to your email marketing strategy.
How AudiencePoint Can Help Improve Your Email Marketing
AudiencePoint’s email insight software helps with email marketing through three tools that are easy to implement and use. Tools that AudinecePoint offers are Send Time Optimization, Real Time Optimization, and ListFit.
Send Time Optimization
Many tools offer a send time optimization feature. However, they don’t always take into account all the details of consumer behavior when recommending send times. This is where AudiencePoint differs.
Send time optimization through AudinecePoint analyzes subscriber behavior to give you insights into the best time to send different types of email content. This unique offering will help you accurately assess when subscribers are most likely to check inboxes and even target customers who are showing signs that they are ready to make a purchase.
Real Time Optimization
AudiencePoint provides you with an email metrics dashboard that showcases data about the activity of your subscribers. The Real Time Optimization tool allows you to make changes to improve your email marketing strategy based on the behavior of consumers in their inboxes.
Additionally, AudiencePoint will recommend appropriate changes to your email strategy to take the guesswork and trial and error out of running an email campaign.
ListFit is a tool that analyzes email subscriber inbox activity. While many metrics tools give you a basic overview of analytics, like open rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate, they don’t always look at individual subscriber behavior across their entire inbox.
ListFit helps with this by looking at the types of content subscribers frequently engage with, how actively engaged they are with your email content, and ways you can improve. This helps you create segmented email content based on subscriber wants and needs, along with being able to re-engage subscribers who have become inactive.
Get Started Today with AudiencePoint
If you want to get started improving your email metrics with AudiencePoint, contact us for more information on how we can help you. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.