Email newsletter content is one of the best ways for brands to stay in touch with their audience...
Email marketing has been around for a long time as a way for companies to stay connected with their customers. Many companies have seen success from optimizing their marketing emails for sales, nurturing leads, and providing company updates. If you’re wondering if email engagement is still effective, this article will outline everything you need to know.
Does Email Marketing Still Work in 2022?
Email marketing does still work in 2022. Billions of people worldwide use email, which leads to the high effectiveness of email communication for businesses to reach consumers. In 2022, the average ROI for email marketing is $36 for every $1 spent. This shows that email marketing is an effective way for businesses to promote product sales and increase revenue.
Other than the high ROI of email, there are many additional reasons why email marketing is effective in 2022. The top reasons for email’s effectiveness as a marketing strategy are:
- It maintains top-of-mind awareness, so customers remember your brand.
- Providing customers with informational and engaging email content improves brand image and authority.
- Email marketing educates consumers about the usefulness of products or services.
- Well-timed email content builds trust with your customer base.
All of these reasons show why email marketing should take up a significant portion of your sales and promotional efforts.
Is Email Marketing Effective for Your Sales?
Email marketing is effective for sales. Research has shown that when businesses send out a sales email, it increases consumer purchase intent by 138%. This is why it’s essential for companies in most industries to build an email list and send out regular marketing emails.
Email marketing also contributes to a large percentage of sales for most businesses. Depending on your industry, you can expect 25-35% of your sales to come from email marketing with a fully fleshed out email marketing program. Because of this, it is worth investing time, effort, and money to ensure you optimize your email campaigns.
How Do You Measure Email Marketing Results?
An important aspect of managing and improving your email marketing campaigns is being able to measure your results. Email marketing results are measured through various metrics that show email marketing success. The most common email marketing metrics are:
- Open rate: The open rate for email is the percentage of subscribers or recipients who opened an email you sent. Open rate is important to ensure your subscribers are reading and engaging with your emails.
- * Apple MPP has impacted the way the open rate metric is calculated, since many emails are opened on Apple proxy servers before landing in inboxes, leading to inflated open rate metrics. AudiencePoint is aware of this, and our insight software provides accurate metrics that are up to date with today’s standards.
- Click-through rate: Email click-through rate is the number of email recipients who click a link within the email. Click-through rate is an important metric that shows how effective your body copy and call to action were at getting email subscribers to take action.
- Conversion rate: Email marketing conversion rate is the percentage of email recipients who took an intended action after reading an email. A conversion can be sales, subscriptions, app installs, or other actions a company wants subscribers to take. A high conversion rate ensures that you are achieving your primary goal from marketing emails.
- Bounce rate: Bounce rate in email marketing is the percentage of emails that are bounced (not accepted by the receiving domain). Low engagement on emails, such as low open rates, can cause emails to start bouncing, making it essential to keep subscribers engaged and to remove inactive subscribers from your email list.
By measuring your results for each of these metrics, you can figure out which areas of your emails need improvement. AudiencePoint’s email insight software can help by providing actionable data from your email campaigns that can help you create a roadmap for how you can improve your email campaigns over time.
Is Email Marketing Effective for Small Businesses?
Email marketing is effective for small businesses. Many small businesses have lower marketing budgets, which makes email one of the best options for small businesses to promote their products or services. It doesn’t cost much to create a marketing email. Many email marketing agencies are affordable for those on lower budgets, or you can create marketing emails yourself if you want to save money.
Email marketing is also an excellent way for small businesses to stay connected with their customers and provide additional value. When you have a small business, the feeling of connection with customers is important and shows that your company cares. This creates a sense of community around your brand that drives customer loyalty.
How AudiencePoint Can Help with Your Email Marketing Strategy
AudiencePoint can help with your email marketing strategy. Our email insight software provides actionable metrics, helps optimize send times, and analyzes the activity of your email list to provide direction on how you can improve your email marketing campaigns. Contact us today for more information about how AudiencePoint can help you.