Here at AudiencePoint, February has flown by! With so much going on, we want to update you on...
Many marketers are starting to realize how impactful it is to send emails at the right time. If you’re wondering about the most optimal time to send an email campaign, this article will have the information you need. We’ll also provide strategies to help choose the best email send time in different situations.
Why Time Of Day Should Be Considered When Sending An Email
To start things off, it’s essential to know why the time of day should be considered when sending an email. The main reasons why the time of day is important for email marketing are:
- Engagement rates fluctuate: You may have noticed engagement rates on campaigns go up and down. There are many reasons for this, but one of the factors is the time of day. Consumers actively check inboxes more at certain times of the day. Emailing at those times will likely lead to better engagement.
- How emails appear in inboxes: How inboxes display emails is also important. When you check your inbox, the most recent emails appear at the top. If you send when consumers are most likely to check inboxes, it’ll put your email at the top of their list, ensuring they see your content.
- Standing out from competitors: The email marketing space is competitive, with the average consumer receiving hundreds of pieces of content each day. An excellent strategy to stand out from competitors is sending at the right time. It’ll keep your brand front and center in your subscribers’ minds.
Overall, the time you send emails is an important factor that should be optimized. It’ll make your emails stand out and help you get consistently high engagement metrics like open rate, click rate, and conversion rate.
You want to make sure your engagement stays high to get the best results from email marketing and prevent deliverability issues like increased bounce rates that are common results of low engagement.
What Is The Best Time Of Day To Send An Email For A Response?
When sending an email campaign, the main goal will usually be to get some kind of response. Whether that response is purchasing a product, signing up for a consultation, or responding to a survey, email send time can affect all these types of conversions.
Usually, the best time of day to send an email and get a response is the morning from 9am-12pm. Sending an email before noon helps ensure subscribers see it and have enough time left in the day to decide how they want to respond.
If you need to wait until a bit later in the day, studies have also found that 12pm-3pm still leads to good response rates on emails as well.
What Is The Best Day Of The Week To Send An Email Blast?
You may also wonder what day of the week is best to send an email blast. A big email campaign that is sent to numerous subscribers will need to be sent on the most optimal day for success.
Many studies have found the days of the week when consumers are most engaged are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So sending your email blast on one of these days in the middle of the week would likely be the best bet.
What Is The Best Time To Send An Email Campaign On Tuesday?
If you were going to send an important email campaign on Tuesday, the previously mentioned times from 9am-3pm would work well. This is a good time range since it is in the middle of the average person’s workday.
Is It Better To Send An Email In The Morning Or At Night?
You may also wonder if emailing early in the morning or late at night would be a better option. Usually, most consumers will engage more often in the morning. Most people have higher energy levels to engage at the start of a new day rather than when they’re tired after work.
However, subscriber engagement rates can vary. You really should consider when your specific audience is most likely to engage. Some groups of subscribers will engage a lot at night. This is particularly common for those who work second or third-shift jobs where they’re very active during the late night hours.
To find the best time to send marketing emails, the best bet is to have accurate data on when your audience engages. AudiencePoint can help with this.
How Audiencepoint Can Help With Your Email Marketing Strategy
AudiencePoint offers email insight software called Send Time Optimization (STO) that tracks data from a large pool of second-party data to figure out exactly when your subscribers are most likely to interact with their inboxes. This means you no longer have to perform time-consuming test campaigns to see when your subscribers are engaged. You can maximize email engagement on day one by adding our STO tool to any existing email campaign.
In addition to STO, AudiencePoint has tools called Real Time Optimization and ListFit. These tools will help you:
- Get accurate insights in real time after sending new content.
- Accurately segment your email list.
- Identify and re-engage inactive subscribers.
- Find ways to make your email content more engaging.
- Identify and isolate Apple MPP opens from reporting.
These tools are all easy to use, are simple to integrate with any email service provider, and make email marketing easy. To learn more about how AudiencePoint helps with email marketing, contact us today.