Many companies send regular email newsletter content. However, you may be wondering if sending an email newsletter is an effective marketing strategy and if you should be sending email content for your brand. This article will provide details about email marketing newsletters, their effectiveness, and email engagement strategies you can use. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is the Purpose of a Newsletter for Marketing?
An email marketing newsletter aims to maintain brand awareness, audience engagement, and build connections while promoting sales or information about the products or services your brand offers.
Email newsletters can be used effectively for both consumer acquisition and retention. Sending email content at appropriate and regular intervals is a great way to create loyal customers who have a positive image of your brand.
How Are Newsletters an Effective Form of Marketing?
Email newsletters are an effective form of marketing for several reasons. The top reasons newsletters are effective for marketing are:
- Increased brand awareness: Email subscribers who hear from your brand regularly maintain brand awareness and see your company in a positive light. Brand awareness makes your company’s products or services one of the first options that come to mind when consumers need to make a purchase.
- Increased engagement: Email newsletters keep consumers engaged even after they make a purchase. Consumers who feel engaged with your content will have increased brand loyalty and will be more likely to follow a call to action and make future purchases.
- Consumers enjoy hearing from their favorite brands: Consumers want to hear from brands they like and trust. Research has shown that 61% of consumers enjoy receiving weekly newsletters or promotional emails from their favorite brands. This means you should be sending marketing newsletters if you haven’t already. Of course, this doesn’t mean to get carried away and send constant emails, as this can be more irritating than helpful. But regular emails properly spaced out will be enjoyed by your customers.
- Increases purchase intent: Email content leads to more sales and higher purchase intent. Studies have shown that consumers spend 138% more when companies send marketing emails compared to when they don’t, meaning sending a regular marketing newsletter is a great investment for your company.
All these reasons make sending a marketing newsletter an excellent idea. If you want to make your email content a success, you can use additional tools and strategies to get the best results from email newsletter content.
What Are Effective Email Marketing Tools for Newsletters?
Email marketing tools are a great way to optimize your email newsletter content. Some of the most effective email marketing tools are:
- The Salesforce Marketing Cloud: The Salesforce marketing cloud creates integrated solutions for companies to manage customer journeys. These solutions include advertising, social media, web personalization, content creation, and email marketing,
- MessageGears: MessageGears allows the use of data from any format in real-time to help personalize marketing messages to consumers at a large scale.
- Klaviyo: Klaviyo is an effective growth marketing platform that gives marketers the ability to create more personalized customer experiences in marketing channels such as email.
- Zeta Interactive: The Zeta Marketing Platform is currently the largest omni-channel marketing platform that utilizes identity data. This useful tool looks at billions of data points to enable marketers to predict customer intent and personalize different customer experiences, including emails.
- Netcore Cloud: Netcore Cloud, a globally known SaaS company, offers markets a full-stack of cutting edge MarTech solutions that enable streamlined AI-powered personalized consumer experiences.
- Mailchimp: This popular free option allows companies to manage email campaigns from start to finish.
- AudiencePoint: AudiencePoint’s email insight software can easily be integrated with any of the tools listed above. It is one of the best email marketing tools for tracking data from email campaigns and gathering information about email subscriber activity. AudiencePoint provides you with actionable information on optimizing send times, segmenting your email list, and re-engaging inactive subscribers to boost engagement using our second party data pool.
Using these email marketing tools can help boost the success of your email marketing newsletters by optimizing different aspects of the email management process. Once you have the right email tools in place, using effective email marketing strategies to engage your audience will take your email campaigns to the next level.
Effective Newsletter Marketing Strategies in 2022
There are many email strategies you can use in 2022 to boost the success of your newsletters. Effective strategies for email newsletter marketing are:
- How-to’s, educational, or informational content that shows the usefulness of your brand’s products or services.
- Contests, sweepstakes, or challenges that get email subscribers involved with your brand.
- Promoting events or other aspects of community involvement that show subscribers they are part of something great.
- Offering valuable information for free that will benefit your target audience in a meaningful way.
- Personalized emails that include the subscriber’s name or content that is specific to their needs.
- Segmenting emails to target a specific group of email subscribers.
Using these strategies in your newsletter content will make your audience feel more involved with your brand and increase email engagement.
What Are Examples of Email Marketing Strategies?
The following examples of successful email marketing strategies used by brands will help you learn how to implement email newsletter content for your company.
Netflix – Email Personalization and Segmentation
Netflix is an example of a company that uses personalization and segmentation to tailor content to a subscriber’s specific interests and needs. One of the types of email newsletters Netflix sends is curated lists of content tailored to a user’s watch history.
By providing curated recommendations to subscribers, Netflix makes their service feel more personalized and shows that they care about providing a good experience. In addition, it helps maintain subscriber engagement with their streaming platform by continuously recommending new shows to watch.
Trulia – Educational or Informational Content
Trulia is a property search engine for sellers, buyers, and renters. Trulia’s emails stand out because they provide frequent educational and informational content about the real estate industry. For example, Trulia’s emails provide content like:
- Why younger Americans aren’t moving like they used to.
- Is renting or buying better for you?
- How to tell if you will love a new neighborhood.
Each of these topics provides useful information to those who are looking to move, sell their home, or rent a property. It makes Trulia stand out as an expert source of information, so subscribers feel confident about using the Trulia platform to help make their next buying, selling, or renting decision.
How AudiencePoint Can Help You Effectively Market Your Newsletter
AudiencePoint can help you optimize your email newsletter content. AudiencePoint’s insight software takes email data tracking a step further by providing you with actionable information you can use to improve your email marketing strategy. Actionable insights from AudiencePoint help take the hassle and guesswork out of email marketing, so you can feel confident in your decisions.
Insights from AudiencePoint will help you optimize email send times, send segmented email campaigns, and re-engage inactive subscribers. As you make changes to your email strategy, you can track all the results and optimize as you go.
If you think AudiencePoint would benefit your business, contact us today to learn more.