Email marketing has been an essential part of business promotional strategies for many years. However, with social media and other new marketing strategies taking off, some people wonder if email engagement is still relevant. If you’re wondering if email marketing is still worth it in 2022, this article will cover B2B email marketing statistics, email marketing trends, and the importance of email marketing for business in 2022. Keep reading to learn more.
Important B2B Email Marketing Statistics for 2022
B2B (business-to-business) email marketing statistics show that most B2B companies still use email marketing and see a lot of success from it. Some important B2B email marketing statistics for 2022 are:
- Email newsletters: 81% of B2B marketers report that their most used form of email marketing is email newsletters. Email newsletters are an excellent way for B2B companies to stay in touch with their customer base and provide important updates.
- Click rates: B2B emails get higher click rates than B2C (business-to-consumer) emails. The average B2B email click rate is 3.2% compared to 2.1% for B2C emails. B2B marketers report that new product and feature announcement emails have the highest click rates.
- Click-to-open rates: B2B emails have a 23% higher click-to-open rate than B2C emails. B2B email subscribers have different purchasing behavior and intent when they look at emails compared to general consumers. Since B2B purchases are business transactions, B2B subscribers tend to be ready to take action when opening an email.
- Content distribution: 79% of B2B marketers say that email is their most effective form of content distribution. Unlike consumer sales, B2B sales require customers to make business decisions when purchasing. Email is an excellent way to communicate the necessary information to a company’s decision-makers.
As you can see from these statistics, email is an important marketing strategy for B2B companies. It provides an excellent way to get in touch with B2B customers and provide information about the benefits of your products or services.
How Effective is Email Marketing for B2B?
Email marketing is one of the best forms of marketing for B2B. ROI (return on investment) for email marketing is $36 for every $1 spent. Designing, writing, and sending marketing emails doesn’t cost a lot, leading to it being a very profitable marketing solution.
In addition, email is a great form of direct communication with B2B customers who have already shown an interest in what your company has to offer. Since many of your email subscribers are already familiar with your company, there is a higher likelihood that they will take action and make a purchase after reading promotional email content.
B2B Email Marketing Trends 2022
There are many new B2B email marketing trends that will impact marketing strategies in 2022 and the future. Some of the top B2B email marketing trends in 2022 are:
- Automation: More email marketers are turning to automation to optimize their email campaigns. Automation allows marketers to set up sales funnels, nurture leads, and manage different aspects of the customer experience. The use of automation tools will make email marketing more efficient and effective going into the future.
- Personalization: Adding some small personalized elements to emails will make them stand out to your customers. The rise of automation tools in email marketing has made it easier to automatically add a personal touch to email campaigns, such as including the recipient’s name or company name.
- Mobile optimization: More people than ever read emails on mobile devices in 2022. This makes it essential that marketers ensure their emails display well on mobile devices.
Following these trends in 2022 and beyond will be essential to the success of B2B email campaigns.
How Important Is Email Marketing?
41.5% of marketers say that email marketing is critical to their success. In addition, 37% of brands report they are increasing their email marketing budget. Brands are still investing a lot of time and effort into email marketing because it is effective and has a high ROI, and most consumers actively check their email daily.
Is Email Marketing Worth it in 2022?
Email marketing is worth it in 2022 and won’t be going away any time soon. It’s estimated that over 4 billion people worldwide are active email users, with the average person checking it multiple times per day. This high amount of email use makes email marketing a great way for brands to reach their target audience.
How AudiencePoint Can Help You Refine Your Email Marketing Strategy
AudiencePoint can help you refine your email marketing strategy to increase ROI and engagement from marketing emails. AudiencePoint’s email insight software provides a streamlined way to gather helpful data about email subscribers.
Our software simplifies email marketing by providing actionable ways to improve your emails based on subscriber activity. AudiencePoint will help you optimize email send times, find better ways to engage your audience, and know when it’s time to re-engage or delete inactive email subscribers. Contact us today for more information about how AudiencePoint can help you.