Google sent a shot across the bow of every email marketer in the world by filtering messages that...
Customer engagement is what makes or breaks a digital marketing campaign. Creating engaging marketing campaigns is how you keep your audience interested and involved with the products or services you have to offer. This article will outline how to promote customer engagement and provide you with customer engagement ideas you can implement into your digital marketing campaign.
What Is Customer Engagement Marketing?
Email customer engagement marketing aims to track, measure, and optimize how customers interact with your brand and marketing promotions. By creating engaging marketing campaigns, you will develop higher brand awareness and loyalty levels amongst your target market. This drives more sales and leads to happier customers.
Types of Customer Engagement
Customer email engagement can be created and measured in different ways. Common types of customer engagement are:
- Contextual engagement: This type of engagement focuses on customer behavior. For example, someone who purchased a seasonal product from your brand and was satisfied with the experience will be more likely to repurchase it the following season. Sending a promotional email around the same time the next season can help generate repeat purchases.
- Convenience engagement: This form of engagement focuses on making the shopping process easier for the customer. Speeding up the checkout process by giving the option to auto-fill some personal information is a good example of convenience engagement.
- Emotional engagement: Involving emotion is a great strategy for your marketing campaigns. Laughter, anticipation, joy, or even sadness can all be used in marketing campaigns. However, you must choose the right emotion that fits your product and target audience, so it has the proper effect. An example of emotional engagement is using a puppy in an ad, since people tend to have positive emotional reactions to puppies.
- Social engagement: Involving social elements in your marketing campaigns can help improve engagement. Things like interacting with your audience on social media, adding social elements to the product so it can be shared with someone, or encouraging referrals can promote social engagement. A good example of social engagement is giving customers who share a social media post a discount on a product.
Now that you understand the different types of engagement, you can begin implementing new marketing strategies to get your audience more engaged.
How Do You Make Customers Engaged?
Many different customer engagement strategies can be used to make your audience more engaged. Great ways to promote customer engagement are:
- Ask for opinions, ideas, or feedback
- Call to action
- Email newsletters
- Social media
The following sections will outline how you can improve customer engagement in each area.
Ask for Opinions, Ideas, or Feedback to Increase Engagement
This will not only help improve your products or services, but it also helps your customers feel like they are valued. Asking for ideas or feedback and then trying to implement it into your services will increase customer loyalty and happiness.
Use a Call to Action to Improve Engagement
A call to action is necessary for marketing promotions to tell your customers what you want them to do next. Ending your content with a call to action like “learn more,” “sign up today,” or “buy now,” can help create more leads and sales.
Email Newsletters for Customer Engagement
A great way to promote customer engagement is through email newsletters. Sending out frequent value, information, or offers to email subscribers is a great way to keep your brand at the top of your customers’ minds.
AudiencePoint’s email insight software can help you optimize your email marketing campaigns. Our software provides you with accurate data, so you can optimize as you go. It will help you optimize email send times for better engagement and analyze your list of email subscribers to see how you can re-engage inactive customers.
How to Increase Engagement Through Social Media
Engaging with your audience on social media platforms is a great way to promote engagement. Responding to comments, providing valuable content, and answering common questions are all excellent ways to increase engagement on social media.
Increase Engagement Through Blogs
Creating valuable blog content is another great virtual customer engagement idea. You can create blog content that helps your target audience during their decision-making process while showing how your products or services can help. This helps build trust and shows that your company is knowledgeable in your industry.
Customer Engagement Program
Having a email marketing customer engagement program within your company can help you create an airtight customer engagement strategy. A customer engagement program involves:
- Setting goals to increase engagement, which should be specific and measurable through engagement metrics
- Coming up with marketing ideas and strategies that engage customers
- Consistently implementing the strategies you created
- Optimizing as you go
Implementing these steps and providing consistent value to your customers through engaging marketing programs will improve company success.
Promoting customer email engagement is crucial to making your digital marketing campaigns a success. To improve customer engagement, you must have a plan in place, pay attention to the wants and needs of your audience, and consistently provide value. By implementing the strategies in this article, you will see increased engagement from your audience.
Contact AudiencePoint to learn more today!